Seven Random Things About Me!
My friend Angela McGill tagged me with this an embarrassingly long time ago. Right about mid-October, my work and farm life went on a high speed ride on the crazy train, and I didn’t have the time I felt I needed to do it justice. And I was a little freaked out that someone thought I was versatile. And I was convinced they needed to be interesting things, which I wasn’t sure I could come up with. And I couldn’t figure out how to add the badge to the side bar. And…oh well, you get the drift. And yes, I put too much pressure on myself. It’s how I roll.
But, I eventually got things straightend out and came up with some random things to share with you. Angela, I hope you will forgive my tardiness! I did have a lot of fun doing this. And, to all the buddies I tag, here’s to learning more about you.
So here goes:
1. My husband and I met while we were both working in a hog farm. Yes, working in a large hog operation is as glamourous as you might imagine. I can honestly say he saw me looking as horrible as a woman can look on more than one occasion, and still wanted to date me, so I figured he might be a keeper.
2. I learned to fly a plane before I could drive a car. My father was taking flying lessons for a while, and as there was no minimum age for learning to fly, I got to take lessons at 14. Unfortunately, I was never able to finish and so I never got my pilot’s license, but finishing is on my bucket list. I still remember my instructor telling me over and over again, “Make small corrections!” and showing me quite clearly what happend if you made too big a correction!
3. I played piano and flute as a kid. I still have both instruments packed in the mothballs. Ok the piano isn’t exactly in mothballs, but it is buried under a bunch of stuff, including the majority of my TBR pile.
4. The only food I refuse to eat is iceberg lettuce. I mean seriously? Is that even a food? Ok, I won’t refuse it if I’m at your house and thats what you offer me because that would be rude, but I will go out of my way to avoid eating it if I have the choice.
5. I like spiders. I don’t want to have one as a pet, but I think they are incredible creatures. I love the big yellow and black garden spiders that come around every summer, and I generally try to go out of my way to avoid their webs. That and because no matter how much I love them, it’s still no fun to smack into one in the dark.
6. My favorite movie is Lord of the Rings. Actually the second and third movies are my favorite, they really got interesting when Tolkein finally got to Rohan. Go figure. I loves me some Eomer!
7. I like opening my mail with an old fashioned dagger-like letter opener. It makes a very satisfying slice through the bills, and I’m considering it training for the future rejection letters I know will come my way. For some reason hubby doesn’t like to be within slicing distance of me on bill day. Dunno why.
Ok, so there are seven random and hopfully interesting things about me. And in order to pass on the love, I’ve picked 15 of my blogging buds to bestow the award upon:
When accepting this award there are responsibilities. (And I’m sure you will all do better than I did!) What comes around, must go around. Here is Angela’s post, which I have borrowed from:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 blogging friends.
4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers.
The Winners in no particular order are:
Natalie Hartford This chick tirelessly blogs about a subject that had an enormous impact on her life, impaired driving, but can still crack me up faster than anyone I’ve ever met!
Piper Bayard Anyone who can combine bellydancing and the apocalypse gets my vote for president!
Tameri Etherton A cup of tea and sorcery sounds good to me!
Patricia Sands Everyone Has a Story!
Kerry Meacham Our favorite Southern Gentleman
Marion Spicher One of the warmest people on the blog-o-sphere
Merry Farmer I love this girl’s blog!
Jillian Dodd Where I go for my eye candy!
Jenny Hansen We could all use some more cowbell!
Carrie Spencer I’m not sure who’s funnier, the crazy cat lady or Woodie!
Now, many of you are going “Callene, dear one, that’s only ten, not fifteen.” Nothing gets past you guys, does it? 🙂 Part of the penalty for my procrastination is that many of the blogs and bloggers I love had already recieved this award. 😦 So rather than be redundant, I decided this means that:
1) I need to get out into the blog-o-sphere a bit more!
2) I reserve the right to randomly award five more bloggers in the future, just spontaneously, out of nowhere! Like a kitten who waits behind the potted fern to attack your bare feet when you wander by in the dark! AAAGHH! Gotcha!